The Pupil Personnel Services Division (PPS) is a multifaceted collaborative department which includes a diversity of professional staff providing a wide range of services to meet the needs of our students:
- Admissions assists the Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and parents with application process to attend the California School for the Deaf, Fremont (CSDF).
- Assessment Services provide enrollment, triennial and in-depth learning style assessments to all CSD students utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Student Records is responsible for student records/files/transcripts and provide copies upon requests from school districts, social security, parents, etc. upon reception of signed releases.
- Family Educational Tour provides tours for families with a members ages 3 to 22 (Preschool through High School); for parents who would like to have an in-depth look at the educational programs available to their children; and informational tours for families considering CSDF placement.
- Guidance Counseling provides individual, group and family counseling with the goal of maximizing students’ abilities to benefit from their educational program.
- IEP Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and ensuring that all legally mandated triennial, special and annual Individual Education Plans.
- Northern California Assessment Center offers free, comprehensive diagnostic and prescriptive evaluations to Deaf and Hard of Hearing students from ages 3 through 21 who reside in Northern California.
- Positive Behavior Intervention conducts functional behavioral assessments and provides consultation related to the development of positive behavioral intervention services.
- Social Worker functions as a liaison with professionals from community agencies serving our students and provides case management services for our students as needed.
- Spoken English/Communication performs assessments and provides services for students in the Infant/Toddler program through High School. This may include practice in spoken language, articulation, voice, auditory learning, and the use of communication strategies.
- Student Health Unit is a 24 hour infirmary where students are monitored and treated for various illnesses and minor injuries. SHU also administers medications that are prescribed by their doctors. SHU team collaborates with local hospitals and clinics available when needed.
Please feel free to contact me or any of the above departments should you have any questions or concerns regarding our services.