March 21, 2022
CSD has designated a COVID-19 liaison to help lead our efforts to provide a safe and healthy learning environment. For more information on our safety plans, protocols and FAQs, please visit this tab: COVID: Keeping CSD Safe. Also, we are strongly recommending that you wear masks (inside or out) whenever you are on campus regardless your vaccination status.
When we receive confirmation of a COVID-19 case on campus, here is what to expect:
- Close contacts (individuals who have spent more than 15-minutes interrupted within 6 ft. of positive case) will receive notification and instructions on required testing and quarantine*
- A school-wide communication notification will be sent with health information and reminders
- Classrooms and common areas will be cleaned
Daily safety measures for students and families:
- Follow CSD’s Rapid Testing program protocols and test yourself or child prior to coming to work/school.
- If you have not yet, please sign consent to test so we can test your child should they show symptoms. Here is the link: https://my.primary.health/l/csdfremont
- Complete the daily health screener for each student prior to coming to school
- Stay home if you have the following symptoms: fever (100°F/37.8°C or higher), runny nose or congestion, cough, difficulty breathing, severe headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Mask up as soon as you/your student(s) gets to school (indoors AND outdoors) - proper masking should cover the mouth AND nose
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly, before and after eating as well as going to the restroom
- Please notify the school immediately if your student has tested positive for COVID-19, or come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
IF your student(s) is fully vaccinated and:
- Not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, quarantine is NOT required. Notify the school. Monitor your student(s) health and get tested within 3-5 days of exposure.
- Exhibiting symptoms, student(s) should notify the school and:
- Isolate for 10 days (when fever is gone for 24 hours w/o the use of medication and they are feeling better) OR
- Get tested and follow isolation procedures based on results* OR
- Obtain a note from a healthcare provider providing an alternate diagnosis*
If your student(s) is NOT fully vaccinated, notify the school and:
- Begin 10-day quarantine and follow the steps outlined in the document linked below
Please review the flowchart below and linked here for more information on what to do if your student(s) has symptoms or has been exposed to COVID-19 [developed by the Alameda County Public Health Department (ACPHD) and County Office of Education (ACOE)].
Thank you for your support as we work through these situations together to keep our students, staff, and community safe.
The Supervisory Management Team