The goal in construction technology class is that students will learn about processes for different construction areas. Students will be able to see and be involved with various modules to experience the process of a specific area. From this students will be able to determine which trade they want to continue to study and train in.
- Students will be able to measure and estimate measurements
- Students will be able to work on basic plumbing
- Students will be able to work on basic wiring
- Students will be able to work on basic framing, roofing, doors, windows and joist installations
- Students will be able to compare traditional construction techniques with emerging green construction techniques and technology
- Students will be able to install basic tile settings
- Students will be able to paint on the drywall and trim
After students learn the processes on different modules they should be able to see which skills they are strong in. Lastly, students will prepare for transition into trade schools or apprentice programs or attend college to strengthen their area of interest.